We are resolved to contribute and believe in environment friendly policies. This section deals with the policies/rules/guidelines in regards with the disposal of the E Waste through effective management of end-of-life products and urges you to join our tenacious e-waste movement.
We encourage reuse and recycling, and are essential for the e-waste exchange and reusing partnerships in the government and non-government sector.. India has formulated and notified its strategy to tackle e-waste through the e-waste (Management) Rules, 2016
WHAT IS “E-WASTE”?
Discarded electronic appliances such as TV’s, mobile phones, computers, laptops, printers, fax machines or even their parts, which have reached the end of their useful life are called “E-Waste”.
It is imperative to responsibly dispose your e-waste in light of the fact that;
- Most e-waste is casually destroyed and reused by the informal sector. Casual destroying and reusing can cause wellbeing dangers to the controllers and will interfere with the climate. Through our reclaim framework, we need to channel e-waste to approved recyclers.
- If not disposed in appropriate way, e-waste can go to the landfills where unsafe substances can siphon into the ground and cause air, water and soil contamination.
- E-waste can be an incredible wellspring of raw materials (like valuable and uncommon earth metals) for new items. Logical reusing can recoup more materials and is more effective that informal recycling.
PROCEDURE FOR RECYCLYING
For any details and information relating to pick up or disposal of E Waste please call on our toll free number 1800-258-6280 or send us an email at [email protected]
IMPORTANT DOS AND DON’TS
- Dispose your e-waste only with responsible PROs/ Producer Take Back channel.
- Selling of the e –waste to informal sector should be avoided.
- Ensure that all your significant individual and professional information/data, you wish to keep is backed up and taken out from your product, preferably opt for reset of your TV and other device before disposal.
- Read the user manual carefully before using the product and use the product accordingly for better performance and service.
- Mixing of the e-waste with the regular/ day to day home waste should be avoided/ not advisable.